Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
R
Scheduled motion detection
battery-video-doorbell
wireless-security-cameras
motion-settings
app-request
Currently there is a feature to schedule motion notifications but not to schedule motion capture. Camera is in high traffic area and records constantly. It can be off from 7am to 10pm daily. We only need night time camera recordings. Feature should look like motion alert schedule but actually disable all actions during quiet times. I’m burning through a battery every day right now.

03-09-2020 10:33:42

Responses (26)

H
this is exactly what I need as well.

18-09-2020 12:49:22

V
Ring spotlight camera battery. To save battery power I went through the advanced motion settings and added motion schedules so the camera wouldn't be used as much thus saving battery. I found out after that motion schedules only stop the notifications after a triggered event but still logs motion events so saves no battery at all. The idea I would like to see is actual motion schedules where the cameras are basically turned on and off on customiseable schedules so people with battery cameras aren't wasting battery logging videos of themselves going to work at the same time every morning or putting out the rubbish in the morning etc. etc. I am aware that there are modes that can be customised but they require you to manually get out your phone, open the app and change modes over making it harder than having motion detection on a pre programmed schedule.

02-12-2020 03:52:43

F
Yes! We need this for all camera but especially for battery powered devices. I use ring at my business. We have high traffic from 7am to 6pm. I have motion notifications turned off via schedule for those times but my batteries go dead very quickly since the cameras still detect and record motion. Its very tedious to manually turn off the motion detection on all of my cameras and make sure I turn it back on every single day.

09-12-2020 04:50:48

S
I vote for this feature. The current `motion schedule` should be called `notification schedule`, since the only thing it does is to mute the notifications. There is no way to actually turn off the camera during the busy time. Thanks.

06-05-2021 11:52:31

TE
This is one of those things that I'm surprised isn't an inherent feature. It is so obvious. You are absolutely right just turning off notications isn't enough. If you're doing this, you probably don't even want events recorded at the expense of the battery! I was excited to see motion scheduling originally when I got my camera but then quickly saw this as a limitation. Therefore, I resort to completely disarming as a workaround - but it is a serious workaround because you have to do in manually. **Which leads me to this suggestion.... Ring... if you can't turn off recording with Motion Scheduling, then allow Arm/Disarm scheduling to do what the OP is asking. Thanks**

06-05-2021 05:48:01

DP
and it's not just turning them off, having to do that manually is just ridiculous in this day and age. Kasa allows you to do that to ANY of their devices.

11-11-2023 12:16:17

S
We have motion alert schedules but not detection schedules. It would be very useful to 'turn off' the cameras during programmed times. I understand we can manually toggle detection in the app but a programmed setting would be very useful.

16-06-2021 05:36:22

U
Pathlight: Would like the ability to disable motion dection on a schedule and/or Alexa routine as some of my pathlights are only concerned about activity at night but not during daylight hours. A dusk to dawn option to disable detection would be nice for my use case. Currently the only option is to manually disable dection which defeats the reason for having automated systems.

19-10-2023 11:40:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User