Scheduled enabling of home/away mode

Sgray,

save your money after couple of months I cannot say I’m impressed with my ring 3 doorbell.
The away mode doesn’t work

Alarms work sometimes

and you cannot schedule it

one hit with a rock and the plastic thing is broken

all in all an average product for a premium price and useless without a subscription

Have you seen anywhere,…specific instructions on how to do that with Alexa. I have an Echo Show 5 & have been trying to set that up with Skills & Routines. Not having much luck.

Hey there, neighbors! We greatly appreciate you all sharing your interests and feedback with our Community. Your feedback is important to us and we are constantly sharing it with our teams here, while they work to improve your experiences. We are happy to announce that the Alarm Modes Scheduling feature is currently rolling out to Alarm neighbors. To learn more about Scheduling your Ring Alarm to Arm and Disarm, check out Riley’s article here. Feel free to let us know what you think! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the love of GOD! What are you guys doing? We want to schedule modes!!

This feature has been requested a million and 1 times for months and months on your forum.

How hard can this be? Seriously. I see update after update of nonsense, and this feature does not get addressed! How many times does this need to be asked for you to implement?

I guess feature request is a complete sham!

unbelievable!

Al

Agreed. Provide an update for a schedule for Home and Away.

And wouldn’t you know it, 2 whole months later,

STILL NOTHING! No Scheduling for modes!

1 Like

And now 5 months have passed, millions of people asking for the ability to schedule modes, and you guys could care less.

You push out stuff and settings that are useless, but what we want most of all, scheduling your modes. NOTHING.

There must be a reason, and im betting its not a reason you want to share. So, instead, shhhhhhhhh

1 Like

Curious if there is a way to schedule “modes.” For example, if I forget to change my mode from “home” to “away” at night while we are asleep then I won’t have the full protection that I get from the way I have my “away” mode set. If I could schedule the “away” mode to come on at say 9pm every night- that would be wonderful. However, I’m only seeing an option to schedule motion times.

I haven’t found a way to do this either. I’d love to be able to have the alarm set at a specific time of night and disarm at a specific time in the morning.

I was going to make the same suggestion. I find myself toggling every morning & evening between Home & Away Mode. It’s great to have the feature, but annoying to have manually handle it daily.

This is a totally essential feature I’d love to see you in the near future as currently I am the biggest risk to my home security by forgetting to change the mode when I go to sleep or when I get up

This is in essential feature, to allow you to automatically control when all the cameras can turn themselves on and off, at a given time. It would be nice to have Ring switch to Away Mode every Monday through Friday when I leave for work. Or switch to Home Mode every night at 10:00pm when we go to bed, and off of Home Mode when we get up in the morning…without having to remember to open the app and do it maunually every time.

I was about to make the same suggestion. Motion scheduling would be MUCH more useful if it was linked to a mode.

Ring, we really need a way to schedule the alarm to Home, Away or Disarmed. This will avoid the “I forgot to arm it” before going to bed, work, etc. Having a timer count down during automatic arming would be ideal. Thank you.

Still no response from developers??? I too could make could use of a “schedule mode on then off” feature. I have set up my detached garage with door sensors only & made it Home mode. I would love to have it come on at 11pm each night & disarm at 7am. With iSmart I could do that PERFECTLY using IFTTT,…but iSmart is no more. If I had known about the lack of this feature earlier it may have been a purchase deal breaker.

I discovered this bug/feature the hard way. I went away for 4 days, setting my alarm to Armed, only to come back and find the alarm had been disabled by the scheduled mode setting, which I use to set the house to ‘Home’ when we are asleep.

As mentioned, it needs pausing when the system is ‘Armed Away’, otherwise it is pointless.