Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
I
Schedule for Chime and Chime Pro
chime-pro
snooze
app-request
chime
Please add a Chime snooze schedule to silence chimes. I still want to receive motion alerts on my phone app, but my elderly parents can't sleep when chimes sound during the night.

28-03-2020 07:37:29

Responses (75)

I
I would like to see the ability to silence the Ring Chime on a set schedule. Currently I have to disable all Ring notifications so I don't get Ring Chime'd at 2 am. If I disable the Ring alerts, and there's been motion at 2 am, I don't get any notifications, at all and have to open the app manually to find the motion. That defeats the purporse of push notifications

02-04-2020 03:39:37

R
I am requesting an important feature. Subordinate accounts need the ability to snooze Ring Chimes. Consider the following common scenario: 1) Main account holder leaves the home i.e. work. Subordinate account holders i.e. family remain at home. 2) Planned motion activity is occuring in the front of Ring cameras. This is not a reoccuring activity, so it does not fall under the scope of a regular snooze schedule. 3) The Ring Chime sounds alarms continuously during the planned motion activity. 4) Subordinate account holders who are still at home get frustrated and bothered by the nuisance Chime alarms. 5) The main account holder is not available to snooze the chime on behalf of the household. 6) As a last resort, the people still at home decide to unplug the Chime device. 7) The purpose of the Chime has been defeated, because legitimate alarms are no longer coming in --- since the device has been unplugged. We need the ability for the main account holder to grant subordinate users Snooze control. This would solve the entire issue.

29-04-2020 09:09:40

L
Similar situation... We want to set up a schedule for which subordinate account is responsible for monitoring. That way we all don't choose to ignore the motion alert because we assume someone else will take care of it.

13-08-2020 11:06:17

L
+1. I don't want the Chime to ring during the day when I'm on videocalls/etc., but I do want to hear an alert in the middle of the night. I was excited to learn about the Chime because I keep my phone in DND mode at night, which squelches Ring alerts. But, I'm not great at remembering to do something manually every day, nor (imo) should I need to... I'd much prefer the ability to schedule sounds or silence. Thanks--

04-05-2020 03:34:55

U
Also add option to modes, home = existing in-house original doorbell chime will sound. away = in-house chime is not used. We have a dog who is very annoyed by the chime and if we are not home, there is no reason for it to make a sound. There is already an option for this but its not linked to modes or to any schedule. Its just a manual settings. Video Doorbell 3.

10-05-2020 04:28:59

C
Dear Ring, It would be wonderful if you would add an option to SCHEDULE the chime to snooze for the doorbell. Sometimes our postal worker rings the doorbell earlier that we would like and I would rather not be woken up. Thank you! :)

14-05-2020 07:53:55

U
Adding my vote to get a schedule based snooze for the chimes. My newspaper comes every morning at 4, and I really don’t need to know the moment it arrives….. I’m

03-02-2023 03:00:40

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions