Samsung Fridge Hub Ring App Delay/Not Working. Unreliable Notifications

I have the Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) and the Samsung Smart Fridge that has the Ring app pre installed. I’ve signed in to the Ring app on it. However, most of the times when someone rings my doorbell, there is sometimes up to 5 or 10 minutes of delay between when the person rang the bell and when the notification arrives at the Samsung Fridge. Sometimes it doesn’t work at all and sometimes it works just fine. I’ve also linked my doorbell to Alexa and it works perfectly fine on our Alexa Echo Dot every time and also on our phones, so there must be an issue with the Ring app on the Samsung Fridge. Could Ring team please take a look into this issue? Thanks

Hi @farbod. Since you receive notifications in a timely manner via both the Alexa devices and on your phones, it sounds like this might be a wifi concern with the Samsung Fridge itself, or something with their version of the Ring App. If you’re able to see the strength of the wifi connection to the fridge, I’d check that and see what it’s showing. The Ring App on the Samsung Smart Fridge is created and maintained by the Samsung team, so you might want to check out the Samsung Community here if you’re not able to determine what’s causing the delay in notifications. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring , the WiFi strength of the fridge is strong as the fridge is right next to the WiFi router and there are no obstructions between them. I will contact the Samsung community to let them know of the issue with the app.

1 Like