Ring2 bricked after update

I was moving no a new apartment so my ring doorbell was inactive for some time during this period, over one year. When I was ready to put battery in and get it working again, everything looked normal, it connected to my new wifi and it was working fine.
After recommended software update everything stopped working, it said it was updating and after that my doorbell went totally dark and the lights went off and I have been unable to get anything from it ever since. It’s completely dead.
I’ve tried different batteries but nothing works. It seems that the update bricked the device. I think it’s out of warranty but it’s very disappointing since it hasn’t been in use for a long time. My father’s ring2 doorbell, which we bought in a similar time, is working fine.
I appreciate all ideas to fix the situation thanks

Hi there, @JonHeidar! I recommend trying a reset on your Video Doorbell. This can be done by holding the setup button on the Video Doorbell for 20 seconds. Once this step is complete, please reconnect your Ring device by following the steps in this help center article. It is best to have your Video Doorbell nearby the router for the connection and update to complete quickest. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: