Ring widget for iOS

This feature is for Doorbells and Cameras, not Alarm. It takes so much effort to change modes that I don’t do it as often as I’d like to (e.g. I leave my cameras disarmed all the time instead of arming them when I leave home). It may seem silly, but having to open the app, wait for it to load, change the mode, then close the app is too much work when I’m leaving the house and juggling kids, etc.

I would prefer a home screen widget with a one-touch toggle to switch between Disarmed and Away. Another handy feature would be a persistent notification so I could one-touch toggle modes without having to go back to my home screen to find the widget.

Here’s the UX flow…

1. at home, so cameras are disarmed
  2. get in the car to leave home
  3. pull up GPS to navigate
  4. pull out of the driveway (now I’m ready to set mode to Away)
  5. want to one-touch change modes without leaving GPS app or managing multiple touches since I’m driving

I don’t want to set to Away before I leave because then I’ll have false positive video waiting for me (a video of me leaving the driveway)

I tried the geofence reminder, but it just triggers a notification, which also requires multiple touches to change modes

Similar to Automate Mode Changes “Automate Mode Changes”, but I’d still like to have a manual one-touch option in case the automated change fails.