Ring Wall Mount for Solar Panels and Cams

I purchased the “ Ring Wall Mount for Solar Panels and Cams” (Wall Mount for Solar Panels and Cams | Ring | Ring ) and the new 4w solar panel (Solar Panel (USB-C) (Spotlight Cam Plus, Spotlight Cam Pro) | Ring). The plate on the mount is way too big for the slot on the back of the panel. I then ordered the small 1.9 w panel and it too does not fit the mount. On the ring website the “ Ring Wall Mount for Solar Panels and Cams” links to the 4w solar panel as a compatible product. Any help is appreciated.

What I want to know is if mount is missing an attachment to make it fit or is it not supposed to fit?

Hi @wsucoug. Would you mind providing some pictures demonstrating how the Solar Panel does not fit the Wall Mount? Additionally, which model of Ring Camera do you have? You can find the model name on the Device Health page in the Ring app.

Here is the back of the panel and the 2nd picture shows the mount’s plate that is too big for the slot of the back of the panel.

@wsucoug Thanks for sharing that picture. The outer part of the mounting plate should be removable, allowing the plate to slide into the slot on the back of the Solar Panel. Try sliding the outer piece off. Let me know if that works.

Oh wow, it seemed so solid like one piece, but it did let go with a bit of force. Thank you so much.

1 Like

@wsucoug Perfect, I’m glad to hear that worked! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.