Smart Lighting

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s battery and solar powered smart lights.
M
Ring Wall Light Solar
installation
troubleshooting
Hello: The Ring Wall Light Solar has a plug (I think a barrel plug) at the back that you can hook a solar panel to. (See below) The Ring Wall Light Solar can also be connected to an additional [Ring Solar Panel](https://ring.com/collections/accessories/products/solar-panel). If the Wall Light Solar is in a dark area with little sunlight, the Solar Panel can be attached and installed in an area with more sunlight. So, I would like to know what I would have to purchase to do this. I would like the most powerful solar panel (5W). Can I order the super solar panel (5W) for this? https://ring.com/ca/en/products/super-solar-panel And what plug would I have to buy so that I can connect this solar panel to the Ring Wall Light Solar? thanks

10-06-2023 06:17:44

Responses (4)

M
Or will the Super Solar Panel hook directly up to the Wall Light Solar?

10-06-2023 06:19:19

T
Hi @Mike1967. Yes, you can connect a Solar Panel to your Wall Solar Light. The Solar Panel will come with a USB-C to barrel plug adapter that will allow you to connect them together. I hope this helps.

12-06-2023 01:45:08

U

I have a similar issue. I get about 2-4 hour of sun, but support indicated that I needed more. I bought the newer 1.9 watt panel to see if I can keep the charge better. Will the 1.9 watt solar panel suffice? For reference:
Dusk to Dawn on self solar: drops about 10 percent overnight
No Dusk to Dawn: drop around 5-6 percent.

I wish it was smart enough to charge from the actual unit, and the attached solar panel.

26-01-2024 06:03:18

J

Hi @user75290. Yes, as long as it gets 3–4 hours of direct sunlight and your device does not detect an excessive amount of motion.

29-01-2024 08:50:48

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

28-02-2024 08:51:43

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User