Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 Smartthings integration

Hi All,
Just installed my Video Doorbell Pro 2 and it seems to be working fine. I have it linked to Alexa so I get notified on my Alexa devices. I can see and talk to the doorbell from an Echo Show. However, I can’t get video on my Samsung smart TV via Smartthings.
I have seen many older threads stating this is a problem and seen nothing to say it’s been fixed.
Is there any chance it will get fixed in the near future, or am I wasting my time?
I have read some blogs sugesting it is fixable by using IFTTT or Homebridge/HOOBS. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I might try HOOBS as it’s open source but be interested if anyone has had any success with either.
Any input apreciated (especially if you can tell me it’ll be fixed next week :wink:

Hi @cliver. While API integrations like IFTTT and SmartThings have limited functionality with Ring, we do not officially support these integrations. Some neighbors may find a way to get their Ring devices to work with their Samsung devices, such as a smart TV, but it is not officially supported so we don’t have any troubleshooting suggestions.

I looked around on the Samsung SmartThings website and I do not see the Video Doorbell Pro 2 listed under the featured Ring devices they showcase. Additionally, I found this article from Samsung detailing which TV models are compatible, but it also only mentions the Video Doorbell Pro and not the Pro 2. Other neighbors using Homebridge or HOOBS may have some advice or suggestions and can chime in here on an alternative setup.

These integrations appear to be “certified” by Samsung when a particular process is followed. They tell me that this is usually initiated by the manufacturer.

So I assume ring we’re interested to get some devices working early on, but as with everything else since they became part of Amazon, customer focus has taken a back seat and things like this just get ignored - presumably as it doesn’t generate any revenue.

@Caitlyn_Ring when will ring get the pro2 certified?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.