Ring Video Doorbell on Echo Show on separate Amazon accounts

Hi,
I’m the owner of the Ring video doorbell. I added a shared user who has a separate ring account. Both of us can view the video doorbell in our respective apps. Both the shared user and myself have separate Amazon accounts which are both linked to our respective Ring accounts.

I have 2 Echo Shows. The Ring Video doorbell works fine with one Echo Show which is my account (both Amazon and Ring account). The second Echo show is in the shared user’s Amazon account and Ring account. However, I am unable to view the video doorbell in the second Echo Show. I receive the following message on the second Echo show: ‘You don’t have permission to view Ring cameras on this device. The owner of the camera can update permissions from Control Center in the Ring app’.

I’m the owner and the permissions look fine for me and the shared user. All apps, Ring, Alexa and Echo devices are all updated with most recent software fixes.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @ringringhello1. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the permissions settings from the Control Center? Feel free to block out names or any personally identifying information to protect your privacy.

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring Thanks for replying. I’m not sure what you’re referring to in the permissions settings. This is what I see in my Ring app in Control Center for settings. What setting are you referring to? Hopefully you can see the uploaded pic.

Hi @ringringhello1. I am happy to chime in. The permission it is referring to is under Users and Pets. You want to make sure the Shared User has access to the Ring device. If they do, try having them disable and reenable the Ring Skill in the Alexa app to see if it helps. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

Thank you. These permissions are fine. I think the issue is with Alexa so will need to reach out to Amazon to see what’s wrong.

1 Like