Ring Video Doorbell Hardwired Issues

Hello,

I bought an original video doorbell when it first came out in the UK. I have no mechanical doorbell therefor I installed the resister after the transformer as guided by Ring. The doorbell has always been hardwired and I’ve never had to charge the unit.

The doorbell lasted until recently when it developed a fault (external speaker not working).

I contacted ring and they kindly sent me a replacement which was great, however I’m now experiencing power issues.

The issue I am facing is the replacement has been connected up in the existing setup and location but now switches between hardwired and battery. Where as previously it would always show hardwired and never drained.

When the doorbell shows hardwired over a few days it slowly charges however it’s more often in battery mode so is requiring a charge. Why is it switching?

I have contacted ring support and have had no solution. I’m not sure what to do?

Thanks in advanced

Hi @SamUnders. You may need to contact a licensed electrician for them to review the wiring setup to ensure that there are no stripped wires or such that could be preventing it from staying on hardwired over battery. I recommend following up with our support team after verifying that the wiring setup is sufficient and also providing power to the Doorbell. Once you have verified that, then our support team can follow up on why the replacement Doorbell will not stay hardwired. Ensure your setup is similar to this Help Center Article here. :slight_smile:

Hi, I have an issue with my doorbell pro after someone has been to the door & pushed the button the doorbell shuts down. So after coming home from work or after someone has been to the door I have to switch the power off & back on & reconnect the doorbell. I can’t be doing this every time.

Hi @CP-01, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. As previously mentioned, we suggest contacting a licensed electrician to ensure that the Doorbell Pro is wired correctly. After verifying with an electrician that the wiring is correct, you can follow up with our support team if this concern persists. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device and account to determine what may be causing this. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.