Ring Video Doorbell (2ng generation) will not charge

So I won a Ring Video Doorbell (2nd generation) from work ( I work at Amazon), and recently finally got around to getting it all set up outside. Since I live in a trailer, and do not have a doorbell, I had it plugged in so it would always have a charged battery. It can get really cold where I live, and kill a battery pretty quickly, hence why I was leaving it plugged in.

Well for the last couple of days, I noticed it wasn’t working, and that the battery wasn’t fully charget anymore. So tonight I decided to take it down and reconnect it back to the wifi. I figured since I was going to have it inside to reconnect it, that I would go a head and charge it. But after plugging it in, it’s just not charging.

I’ve used both the USB that came with it, and another one that I had, as well as two different plug (it’s the correct voltage) attachments ( one of which was the one I use to charge it with originally, and it still won’t charge.

I’m stumped as for what I’m supposed to do now. I’ve found posts/articles saying that it has a removable battery, as well as posts/articles saying it doesn’t. If it doesn’t have a removable battery, and it won’t charge via the USB port, what do I do?

I don’t have a receipt for it since I won it in a raffle at work. Is it even possible to get a replacement without it? Or am I going to have to just buy a new one?

Device DSN: G5X1DF01303J2RB
MAC Address: 54:E0:19:44:35:03

UPDATESo I got to looking at the USB cable that came with it, as well as the plug attachment, and noticed that there was a little rust on the inside of the ports. It’s been raining a lot here, and thought I had the connections covered. Since it’s apparent that the water fried not only the USB, and plug, but the port on the doorbell itself, and quite possibly the battery itself.

It still works and everything, just that it won’t change. I’ve made a box for it to be housed in temporarily so I can put all the connections inside the box, but is there even anything I can do at this point in time other than to just buy a whole new one?

Hi @Raelinnea. Thanks for sharing details about what you’re experiencing as well as providing that update. First, I’d like to mention that it is not advised to keep the Doorbell plugged into the charger at all times. Since you have noticed some physical damage from the weather, I’d recommend you reach out to our support team so they can take a look at the warranty and determine if it’s fit for a replacement. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: