Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
L
Ring Video 4 choppy external audio
audio-quality
troubleshooting
We just installed the Ring Video 4 and overall have been impressed with it. However, one thing that's a bit sub-par is the audio quality on the doorbell's speaker. I got to the door today just as one of the Smart Responses was kicking in and it sounded like a circa. 1998 mobile phone call with gaps every half-second. Am I doing something wrong? (Everything is up to date and the connection to wifi is very strong).

12-10-2021 02:36:49

Responses (1)

M
Hi there, @LimeyHoya! Audio quality concerns are often related to power and/ or network connection. As long as your battery is charged and wifi signal is sufficient, this should work as intended. Check out your [RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229), to ensure for optimal wifi signal. A great test is to bring your Video Doorbell inside near the router to see if audio improves I recommend connecting your Video Doorbell to the 2.4 Ghz network, rather than 5 Ghz, for best results over distance. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :)

13-10-2021 02:43:25

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User