Ring theft protection valid when purchasing from Amazon?

On the Ring theft protection warranty page, it states that for the theft protection to be valid, you must purchase the Ring doorbell direct from Ring. It says that theft protection is not valid if you purchase from a third party online market place. Does that mean that since I purchased mine on Amazon, that I don’t qualify for the theft protection?

Good question, @Dstacey! Check out our Warranty page, which will explain this further. This warranty, our theft protection, and community support services do not apply to any products purchased from third party sellers on eBay and other online marketplaces. We strongly suggest that you do not buy Ring products from any unauthorized sellers, as such products may be used, defective, counterfeit or may not be designed for use in your country.

Purchasing a Ring device new from an authorized retailer, of course, will include Ring’s 1 year limited warranty and theft protection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

So, Amazon.Com is NOT an authorized retailer for the Ring Door Bells?

Hi @Dstacey. Allow me to clarify for Marley. As long as your Ring Device is purchased at one of our Authorized Retailers, your device will be ok. Third party retailers such as eBay or purchasing used from various sources are not covered under warranty. I hope this makes sense.

I realize this is a very late response. I’ve had the same issue of no response from ring after my theft claim being made online. I’ve called the customer support numerous times and received different answers each time. My latest answer is that because I purchased it on Amazon, it is not covered under the warranty. Even though, on the ring website it states that Amazon is an authorized retailer and WILL be covered by warranty. Ring’s customer service is terrible every time I have called they have no log of any of my information or theft claim at all. I’m beyond disappointed in this service.

Hi @Rachel63. Amazon is an authorized retailer for Ring. This Help Center article here will outline the process for replacement of a device that was stolen. If you have any issues when contact support, don’t hesitate to ask for a supervisor or a member of our Ring Solutions Expert team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how our supervisor was able to help!

As Ring are now part of Amazon, buying from Amazon should be covered by rings theft warranty.
I spoke with rings helpline the other day and they were most helpful.
Mine was a different question relating to fitting a ring camera to the pan and tilt mechanism and the lack of a security screw to hold it in place. There are two screws locking the pan and tilt to the mounting bracket but oddly none locking the camera to the pan and tilt. Which is a pity as all that holds the two together is the bayonet connection.
I was told not to worry ask if stolen it would be replaced, hopefully I won’t need to claim.