Ring Spotlight CAM lights via Alexa

This is VERY frustrating.

The Ring skill in Alexa does not allow me to control the spotlights (On/Off) on my Spotlight Cams.

Before you say it can’t be done…Samsung SmartThings can do this, and, in fact, the SmartThings Skill allows me to do this via Alexa (i.e. control my SC LED lights). For other reasons (there’s another annoying bug in the SmartThings Skill) I therefore want to control my spotlamps LED in Alexa directly via Ring (and via the Ring Skill).

Not telling you your job, but this simply means including the LED switch (on/off skill) via the RING skill…Ring’s responsibility, not Alexa’s.

What’s bizarre is that both companies are part of the Amazon group and the integration functionality is less than that of a third party. How embarrassing!

Can’t you get your act together RING? This is relatively trivial stuff !!!

Hi @AllanBehrens. Thank you for sharing your feedback about the features available with the Ring Skill in the Alexa App. For reference, you can check out our Help Center Articles here to see everything that you’re able to do with Ring and Alexa. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add your suggestions and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve done that.