Ring Solar Stick-Up

I have had my Stick-up Battery installed using the solar panel since day 1. I have been using the camera for a few months now and love it. For the first 2-3 months the battery health has been above 90% and the majority of time close to 100. Recently the battery has been draining very quickly. Just yesterday it was at 12%. I have not changed or modified any of the settings that would cause the camera to drain faster. On the contrary I think it should be getting more sunlight now, as my neighbor cut down a large 100yr old tree that was blocking some morning sunlight. The solar panel is clean from debris. The only factor that has changed is when I installed it, it was July and 90 degrees and today is October 5th and its 60 degrees. I can understand some drainage from colder weather but almost draining down to the last 10% with a 30 degree drop seems very unlikely. Could the battery be bad? Could the solar panel be bad?

Hi @Segt99. Colder weather can definitely impact the performance of battery powered devices, but the weather you listed is not quite cold enough to have too much of an impact. Try removing the battery, fully charging it, and then reinserting it. If you have a second battery, it would also be worth trying this batter to see if the same problem occurs with both. Make sure the Solar Panel’s power cable is firmly connected at the Camera and on the Panel itself. If this continues happening, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can assist with more in-depth troubleshooting. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.