Ring Solar Panel

In response to my recent purchase of the solar panel, it seems to be draining the battery at accelerated rate. This is obviously counter productive to the entire point of this product. What recommendations do you have to fix this issue? Is there a way to turn off the charging light? At this point, this product is useless to me unless we can reach a solution.

Hi @peteef84! The most important and common factor in a Solar Panel’s ability to charge is direct sunlight. Please ensure the panel is receiving several hours of direct sunlight for an optimal charge. There are also variables that might drain your battery quicker than the Solar Panel can charge, such as too much motion, poor wifi signal strength, or cold temperature. Check out our Community post about battery drain for tips on optimizing charge. Check on these factors will ensure your battery is optimized and a Solar Charge will be noticeable. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have not changed any of my settings since installing the solar charger, so I do not think that should be an indicator as to why my Ring is dying quicker. The front of my house is in a position to receive several hours of direct sunlight in the afternoon and evening.

@peteef84 Chiming in for Marley! When you look into the Device Health section of your Ring device, does it show that the solar charger is connected?

Yes, it states “Extended battery Lofe with a Ring Solar Charger”

@peteef84 Since you have the message pop up to extend your battery life with a Ring Solar Charger, it sounds like said solar charger is not showing as connected as it should be. Since the Solar Charger doesn’t seem to be registering properly, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have been dealing with the same problems since I have purchased this item. I am very displeased with this purchase. Need immediate help or refund. Very disappointed.

Sorry to hear about this experience @peteef84. Check out Chelsea’s post above for assistance with reaching out to support team. It looks like you’ve covered several steps, and an in-depth look from our team might help.

If you are wanting to return a recently purchased product, check out our return policy for information and initiating a return request.