Ring solar panel wire

I have Ring Spotlight Cam connected to a Solar Panel. I installed this 5 years back and it worked great. Last week I noticed the wire has been cut off or broken. So I decided to get a replacement cable from Amazon. When I tried to install the cable, I realized the cable is hard-wired into

the solar panel unit (see pic). Does this mean I have to replace the panel completely or should I be removing the screws and go under the hood and add the wire from underneath?
RingSolar

Hi @itsanil. We do not sell replacement cables for your Solar Panels, so I don’t have any instructions I can provide for this situation. I would recommend reaching out to our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can review the warranty and determine the best solution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I had the same issue - a broken solar panel wire - right in the middle. I cut of about 1.5 inches of the insulation from both ends and exposed the two conductor wires. There is a light blue and a red conductor. You have to be very careful with these tiny wires in trying to remove the plastic coating. But I finally did it tied them together and taped using electrical tape and now we have connection to our solar panel once again. External exposure to the wire tend to make it real brittle. so be careful and most of all patient.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.