Ring Smart LED Bulb Adjustable Brightness

Hi Everyone!

I just got done putting up some Christmas lights and wanted to dim the Ring bulbs for the porch and garage lights. As I dim them, the bulbs will dim, but then immediately go back to full brightness.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make these bulbs stay dimmed? We wanted the Christmas lights to shine bright but the Ring bulbs won’t stay dimmed. These are on a schedule to turn on and off from dusk to dawn. Not for sure if that causes issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there, @robert1ee! It sounds like you are adjusting this correctly. In the Ring app, when visiting the Smart Light device specific page, that brightness slider should certain adjust and retain that brightness level. I recommend checking both individual light and group settings, as well as ensure the Bridge is communicating this efficiently. Avoiding too great of a distance or objects that might interfere with signal can help with this.

It sounds like the Ring app is operating as intended, as you mentioned the brightness changing initially. Just in case, removing and reinstalling the Ring app is always a good step, as well as ensuring no vpn is active. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Ok! I was having this same problem and it was driving me nuts! I figured out my scheduled brightness was overriding any change I made.

Meaning, after you click Lights and move the brightness up or down, if the brightness level is something different in your schedule, it will revert back.

You have to either turn off your schedule or adjust the brightness on the schedule. I get it, but do wish there was another way to just override the schedule for a period of time. Similar to how we can snooze our doorbell camera. Just a thought for the Ring team @Marley_Ring

I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.