Ring Accessories

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Chime, Chime Pro, and more.
J
Ring set up and hidden signal
chime-pro
I have a Chime Pro connected to Doorbell III and Spotlight Cam Wired. They are all set up but every so often I see the Ring setup signal broadcast on Acrylic WiFi software. I also constantly see a hidden WiFi network that matches the MAC address of my Chime Pro except for the first 2 digits. I am having a poor connection problem with my doorbell. Also I am using Eero Pro 6 connected wireless to my Chime Pro. Is the hidden Ring network supposed to show up? Why is the Ring Setup popping up every so often if I am not trying to connect my devices as they are all connected and do not show offline. I am concerned about security. Can someone be trying to get into my Ring. Any explanation appreciated. I shall enclose 2 screen shots. thank You![!cid_752DC1ABDE6B41F3B504651C6016F169@NORASHP|690x389](upload://gvrORJvKxWSGWUTlihzMykShZhV.png) ![!cid_90D59754241F47B8AF02B63360C9CBD8@NORASHP|690x388](upload://eB6N4ICOk65BBwSkXG5Amk8peMO.png)

08-04-2021 10:00:53

Responses (3)

T
Hi @Jackietools. Thank you for providing such detailed information. This concern would be best addressed by our support team, as the Ring Community is a neighbor to neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support. Our support team will be able to look at your account, the data you've compiled, and be able to determine how to proceed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support.

09-04-2021 07:10:45

J
I'm on phone with support now. Apparently then can't or will not view this screenshots nor will they connect with someone with more knowledge on the subject. I'm getting very frustrated and with appreciate a direct number to a technician. I have spent hundreds on Ring products, check my Amazon account as well as spending hundreds on the Eero system. I do not understand why it is so hard to get some simple questions answered. Please get back to be. Thank You. Also a Alain L sent me an email on April 2 to get back to him which I did and never received a response back.

10-04-2021 03:05:08

T
Hi @Jackietools. I would recommend following up with the support agent who you last spoke with. If you've established an email conversation with them, that would probably be the best approach. Depending on the support agents schedule, it may be sometime before you hear a response. Thank you for your patience while they answer your questions.

12-04-2021 05:05:21

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User