Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
Ring’s Irresponsibility re: Lost Glass Lens Covers
hardwired-security-cameras
negative-feedback
cs-support
I have several flood light cams around my home. On two of the cameras, after about two years, the front protective cover popped off and the lens slowly gets blurry, making this $250 camera useless. I have contacted Ring and they do not stock replacement parts for this known problem nor do they offer repair service. Their solution is to purchase a whole new camera for want of a $0.50 part. This is environmentally irresponsible, very annoying and a waste of money. Why doesn’t their design team do something about this problem?

27-10-2022 04:49:59

Responses (3)

C
Hi @Derrick357. The Floodlight Cam is designed to be weather-resistant and last many years, but varying weather conditions in different regions can contribute to damage that may impact your device's functioning. At this time, any physical damage concerns should be directed to our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406) as they can review the extend of the damage and the [warranty](https://ring.com/warranty) on your Ring device to determine the best solution. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and I hope our support team can help find a solution that works for you.

28-10-2022 08:10:43

U

Don’t bother calling ring for this problem if you are out of warranty. They offer no assistance replacing or repositioning the small thin glass lens cover and try to get you to buy a whole new camera/floodlight instead.

Way to go getting customers annoyed and frustrated. Was enjoying my ring system till today. These small things go a long way toward customer loyalty- today ring lost mine.

24-12-2023 08:05:57

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

23-01-2024 08:06:06

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User