Ring Recordings

My ring just started announcing it is recording when anyone is approaching the door. Since I live in an apartment this can happen a lot and it is annoying my neighbors. This was not happening before, why is it happening now? I understand if you turn off motion warning that it may stop it, but doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having the ring in the first place to detect motion? I want to be warned that they are people near, I just do not want everyone communicated with that they are being recorded if they legitimately are passing by the door to walk down the stairs. Please help.

Turn off motion warnings then and leave ring alerts, motion detection and motion alerts on.

1 Like

Hi @mlp3139. As @user8749, this is the Motion Warning feature, which you can toggle on or off. In the Ring app, tap the menu in the top left > Devices > your Ring Doorbell or Camera > turn the Motion Warning toggle to the off position. This can be turned on or off at any time as needed. For more information, check out this Help Center article. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.