Ring recall? Anyone see article

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/tech/ring-doorbell-recall-fire/index.html

Whats ring gonna do for customers?

Saw this. Want to know why Ring hasn’t addressed this on their site yet. Bought one as a Xmas gift so it’s not installed yet.

All these Ring products are not part of the recall:

• Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen)
  • Ring Video Doorbell 2
  • Ring Video Doorbell 3
    -Ring Pro Video Doorbell

This only affects Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) this model was released in 2020

if you bought your Ring Video doorbell before 2020 it is not part of this recall.

Also I should point out this is only a recall on the instructions included in the box. The product itself is not recalled. Seems some people used the wood screws which are used to mount it to the side of the house instead of the small security lock screws that are actually meant to be used.

3 Likes

What about the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus. I don’t see it on any list…recalled or not recalled. I did purchase it in 2020.

From what I have read, the recall has to do with the screws used to attach the cover. If I do not use the screws and just snap the cover on the Ring doorbell, is there no issue for me?

thanks…

When they don’t respond, this does not build a lot of “security”, in security.

RING, Why don’t you reach out in an email blast to registered customers?

Hi neighbors. You can find out if you are on the list of affected Ring Video Doorbells by taking a look at this Help Center article here. *This notice only affects the Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) 2020 release, not to be confused with the Ring Video Doorbell 2, Ring Video Doorbell 3, Ring Video Doorbell Pro or Elite. If you have the Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) and the doorbell is installed correctly, there is no risk to consumers or potential hazard present. Learn more in the support article shared above. Thank you!