Ring protection plan invoice

Good afternoon

I bought a RIng Protection Plan, but I never received any receipt or invoice.

This receipt or invoice is needed for my accountancy.

According to the confirmation email, I can find it in my account under my “payment cycle”.

Although, this is only for Ring Hardware.

Under my “subscriptions” it only says when I will receive the new invoice and which devices are at my location.

Please advice.

Greetings

2 Likes

Call customer service.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

this is a joke? right?

Making a phonecall from Europe to America to get an invoice?

The costs of the call will be higher than the subscription itself.

I thought this was a decent company.

In Europe we even get a receipt by email after paying.

At Ring’s? none, zero, zip!

When I login to my account, I can only when I need to pay again.

This way, it ain’t going to happen.

4 Likes

@Seppe We do have international numbers which you can find here. Additionally, you can chat in at any time, or email your request to help@ring.com. All of these options can ensure that you get the invoice that you need!

2 Likes

Agreed this is just plain lazy. Receipts should be a basic part of any subscription service. They are legaly required. Please make this the default in a hurry or I will have to find another service.

2 Likes

Please site the federal code stating that a corp. sba, LLC or SP is required to provide a receipt of service? I am curious…

1 Like

We will send this feedback to the appropriate team at Ring. Thank you!

1 Like

I have the same requirement for my company taxes. I assume as i have paid for a service in the Uk, I would have paid VAT and must declare this. How can I get a receipt/invoice for the protectPlus plan

1 Like

Hey @Stuart93. To obtain an invoice, you will need to reach out to our support team about this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

To not have an invoice / receipt for a purchase as an automatic facility quite frankly is rude, unprofessional and unacceptable !!

Please get your act together and provide this facility in the account section and also in automatic email.

To require a phone call for an invoice is appalling !!

For this reason I will NOT be buying any more RING products.

Eric

… and stop making excuses, it sounds pathetic.

Was trying to find an invoice as well for the protection plans i paid for. A little absurd that its not issued by default and even more absurd that its not online anywhere and one must call or email. They emailed saying i WOULD be billed but no receipt or invoice to be found in my email or on the website.

ETA: I sent an email as suggested and get this auto response:

"Thank you for contacting Ring.
Please be advised that we no longer offer support via email. To reach our community support team, please visit one of the links below:
To speak with a representative, please give us a call."

So now i have to pick up the phone and sit on hold for an hour to obtain something that should be sent by default? I bought my first Ring device in 2015 before the market exploded. Customer service was incredible back then…And like every good product/company, they become too big for their own good and everything becomes impersonal and impossible. Have heard amaziong things about nest (their video quality alone is far superior and puts ring to shame). Without a question will be switching to Nest.

this is the message I recevied after ring emailing me my receipt.

Call them direct and they will send it to you

If you have any questions, contact Ring LLC at help@ring.com or call at +44 1727 263045.

I need the recipt for the protection plan, please handle this asap.

After reading above I find it unacceptable that you don’t handeling this as a default. This is a legal requirement. Should not be a problem to program in to the websystem.

If this will be a problem now and in the future I will end my protection plan for the future and stop upgrade to futher products from Ring.

Maybe Arlo have better invoice support…

// Mike

Invoices should be made available without having to engage in a call. It is a legal document confirming the sale of goods or services between companies. By making the invoice difficult to obtain Ring are actually in violation of European law. I’ll be lodging a formal complaint and I suggest you do as Arlo do, issure it automatically and make it available via account management.

I’m in New Zealand and like most countries around the world, we require a receipt of purchase for business accounting. Transaction receipts (both online and offline) are a fundamental requirement of sale and purchase agreements. To NOT offer them is against the law in most countries and usually considered a flag for unlawful transactions.

So I start a chat with Ring. The not so welcoming rep said this:
ME: Why does Ring not send a payment receipt and invoice for the protection plan subscription. By law, we must receive them
TEVIN P: That’s not actually true and when you sign up in the terms and conditions you agree to an automatic renewal bases which does not require invoices being sent.

ME: Well actually you are obliged to sent invoices and receipts as part of standard e-commerce. The fact that you don’t yet refer to terms and conditions is a bit of a worry. Why not make purchase history available to your own customers? You allow purchase history on hardware and show the current plan but not billing history.
Many countries Australia, NZ, Canada etc require invoices for tax reasons, why make it hard for the customer

TEVIN P: I assure you sir that is not accurate but I am more than happy to forward your feedback. As I Ring support representative my word in this official capacity requires I am truthful

ME: Assurance requires backing up with facts and evidence. All I want to know is WHY Ring does not supply its customers with transaction history against payments (financial evidence of transaction and breakdown of cost) Do you charge GST to me as I’m in NZ?

So some support reps “assurances” are apparently enough to take to the NZ Inland Revenue Service. But because I’m not a complete dunce, I went through the difficult process to demand a receipt. Once I got it I see that yes GST was charged (good to know) and that Ring uses Stripe… Stripe has full transaction histories that can be easily accessed via an API and included on the Ring account management service. But they are too lazy, stupid, or just don’t care about their obligations to their customers or their satisfaction in the product and service. Customer retention fail.

again … 1 year later … same misery … same company

again I paid for my subscription … but guess what … no invoice.

Also the promised email with the link to download the new incoive … never received

the only thing that keeps me here, is that the hardware is good.
but the sales or administration are a mess

edit: according to…

→ Will I receive an invoice for my Ring product?
After you place your order, we will send you a purchase confirmation email. You can log into your Ring account to view your order history and from there, view a printable invoice.

So this might be the case for new hardware that is bought on the webshop.
But subscriptions for securityplans are not mentioned

and when you email to help@ring.com for all questions… you get:

“Please be advised that we no longer offer support via email.”

it is getting worse and worse…

Has this problem still not found a solution? Am I the one who doesn’t know where to find this or is this “invoice” really not exist?

Have you had any luck with this?? i think its unacceptable.