Ring protect subscription multiple locations question

Hello,

I have 2 seperate geographical locations were i have a combination of 10 ring devices.

I dont mind having them all in the ring app as all the same location.

That being said would it be possible to add all 10 to the same location even if they are not physically/geographically there?

The beinifit would be i would save on having to pay for 2 sperate $100/year ring protect plans to extend the warentee as well as get saved recordings.

I do not know if ring somehow knows its 2 geographical locations or its more the honor system as they always ask you which location you want to add for the new device your connecting.

Thanks

Hello,

I have 2 seperate geographical locations were i have a combination of 10 ring devices.

I dont mind having them all in the ring app as all the same location.

That being said would it be possible to add all 10 to the same location even if they are not physically/geographically there?

The beinifit would be i would save on having to pay for 2 sperate $100/year ring protect plans to extend the warentee as well as get saved recordings.

I do not know if ring somehow knows its 2 geographical locations or its more the honor system as they always ask you which location you want to add for the new device your connecting.

Thanks

Hi @kivi12k. If you have Ring devices at two different addresses, you’ll want to set them up at two different locations in the Ring App. This would mean that you would need two separate Ring Protect Plus subscriptions, as each subscription would cover one location. You can read more about Ring Protect plans in our Help Center Article here. I hope this clears things up. :slight_smile:

I thought the locations was to help law enforcement who can drop in on your cameras without permission in the UK and USA

Hi @Brum. Law enforcement does not have access to Ring devices and cannot view any recordings unless a neighbor chooses to show the recordings to them. Hope that clears things up! :slight_smile: