Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

Yes please. What used to be excellent is now a nuisance.

2 Likes

This is beyond unacceptable.

I called Ring support and found out they pushed a new Firmware 2.1 update to my Ring Pro on 2019-11-20 at 00:31. (November 20 at 12:31 AM)

Prior to that push, we were averaging 11 or so “motion alerts” per day.

After that push, it’s been NON-STOP motion alerts. Total of 69 yesterday, or over a 6x increase.

Today looks to be on track for a similar result.

Nothing in my neighborhood has changed. I have not gotten a new router or ISP or any change to the internet connection. The only thing that changed was a Ring Pro Firmware Update, and immediately after that, seeing a six-fold increase in alerts.

There was something in that latest Firmware Update that is causing the Ring Pro to be extremely sensitive (I think even the sun “moving” in the winter sky sets it off or a stray cloud in the horizon) and it’s made the doorbell basically unusable for us.

I am requesting that the Ring Team look into what changes were made in Firmware 2.1 that could be causing this issue (and consider rolling it back if a quick solution cannot be found). Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes. Please adjust this.

1 Like

All - I got my issue resolved.

1. Called and asked to speak to Level 2 support

2. Asked them to revert their recent firmware update and put back on the old one

After doing so, my Ring Pro is behaving as it did before - not too sensitive and going off when the wind blows a cloud in the horizon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the opposite problem, mine has suddenly become extremely less sensitive, even waving my hand in front of it and will not go off unless I put my face in front of it. Yes I’ve checked and it is set to extremely sensitive and not detecting people. No changes are made on my side but it will not go off even when the lawn guys go in front of the camera, even though my other ring floodlight camera picks them up and shows them walking right in front of the doorbell. I do not know what sensitivity was changed but they should roll it back as it does not alert me to anything right now unless you put your face directly in front of the camera.

1 Like

Go to Amazon and complain. I just got an appointment to talk to someone that way

So glad. I complained on Amazon and now have an appointment to speak to someone tomorrow. I will follow your lead.

Go complain about it on Amazon. I got immediate response. Now I have an appointment.

Go and complain on Amazon. It seems to yield quicker results.

Me too !

Hi, can I do that downgrade myself w/o calling their support?

Thanks,
Brian

I am having the same exact issue, it just recently started happening and it is annoying. Plus my app doesn’t have the motion settings link to change my zone anymore either. Honestly ready to try a different brand. What a waste of an update as it has made this annoying.

1 Like

Why did my motion setting touch link disappear from my app? I have no way of changing the zone now for sensitivity.

1 Like

No, the only way to downgrade the firmware is to call support. I don’t even think their Level 1 Support can do it, have to get it escalated.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. It’s worked great for the past year. Suddenly it’s become extremely sensitive. My firmware says it’s up to date. I’ve even reset the motion settings to the lowers rate along with redrawing the sensor area. Nothing seems to help. Really annoying & defeats the purpose of the Ring Doorbell.

UPDATE:
I followed Rusher91 advise. I deleted my motion paths then created 2 new and smaller ones. I have a small field of view. You may need move paths. It seems to be helping. A lot fewer notifications.

Here’s Rusher91’s post.

Rusher91 (New Neighbor) posted a new reply in Video Doorbells on 11-23-2019 09:21 AM:

Re: Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

Update 1: Spoke with level 1 support. Ring rolled out a new motion detection engine in recent firmware update. This update automatically pushes to all wired devices. It obvisouly has some issues…

(https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035155972-Ring-Motion-Detection-Engine-Upgrade-Information#Will_this_increase_or_change_the_range_of_motion_detection)

We ended up configuring all 3 motion zones in a brick layout and decreased sensitivity. Support would like to monitor for 24 hrs before escalating. We’ll see what happens…

1 Like

The issue is that sensitivity has increased without a change in environment, installation, settings.

1 Like

Try omg pro suddenly ultra sensitive ?

1 Like

Please reach out to me as well.

Please feel free to reach out to me too

My motion alerts were completely valid before the update now they’re worthless.

1 Like