Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

Are you guys listening? This is flat out broken - and your suggestios do not work - which you might have checked before posting!

The ring - all of a suden has become useless…if you want to fix it - return the device to its prior state before you ‘improved’ it. Dont expect your customers to work around your bad update - which having spent an hour reconfiguring and testing does not work.

This is atrocious customer service.

1 Like

Same thing happened suddenly here. Began on Nov 15. EVERY car that goes by is detected now. I have changed the sensitivity and the motion zones many times to no avail. Please advise and customer service please contact me via email if possible. I have read the entire thread and none of the prior suggestions work for me.

1 Like

The same is happening to me. And it just started today. Maybe I upgraded the app today? Every car that passes by is triggering the motion sensor and no matter what I do to the sensitivity setting, it’s not helping.

1 Like

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. Same problem as everyone else. Set on People Only, or turn that off and slider set all the way to Less Motion, doesn’t matter. I get motion notifications for people walking down the middle of the street, cars driving by, etc. Just like everyone else here, it worked perfectly for the past year until Ring broke it with their “fix”. Man up and actually FIX IT!

1 Like

Could this be the same as the “phantom dings” that some of us have been talking about (see our thread)? Random number of dings at random times – was occuring 2-3x/minute – but nothing recorded on video. Actually, no alert, just dings. And there was no motion, no wind, no heat.

I rebooted the doorbell and the problem has improved, but it’s not completely gone. ~2 yr old doorbell that’s worked fine up until now. This problem started about 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Is any one going to help at all?

1 Like

If it’s even possible it just got even worse than it was. I have a small zone and people only set, and it still picks up cars driving by not even in the zone!
They changed the app and the settings for motion I see, but they didn’t fix this and it seems even worse. Ring, you guys need to get your butts in gear and fix this.

1 Like

No, this is a sudden change in sensitivity, wherein EVERY car, truck, dog, cat, or sailing leaf from the oak tree is captured by the camera on the doorbell.

1 Like

Exact same issue here, and it’s extremely frustrating!

1 Like

Yep. And the frustration is in Ring’s refusal to acknowledge there is even a problem. They have gone so far as to send trolls to this blog.

1 Like

Some say if you call in and have your problem escalated to Level 2 they send you a new device. Whether it’s all that and a bag of chips or not, the jury is still out. Some say it’s slightly better, but I’m not wasting anymore time or money on this POS. I am reviewing a new device.

Agree. Think all of us here should go to Amazon with our reviews.

My almost 2 y/o Ring Pro died(Halloween) and Ring replaced at a small discount. Initially the new Ring Pro was overly sensitive. Changing the new Ring Pro to recognize people only worked for me.

Why does this say resolved? I’m having the same issue. Was there a firmware update to resolve the issue?

1 Like

My ring has started this just today at 3:30a. It’s gone off a minimum of 12 times since then. What happened and how do I fix it?

1 Like

Let us know what you fnd out - and feel free to post on this site - we could all use an alternate option!

2 Likes

Pretty sure there was not.

Fix it by phoning company and escalating your complaint to at least Level 2. Otherwise, shop for a different device.

My Ring Pro just started picking up people walking in the street too. It’s been working great for about 4-5 months, since getting it dialed in during the first week. All of a sudden it’s ultra sensitive. Nothing was changed on my end, so most likely a firmware update did this. Ring needs to take ownership of the issue and make the necessary changes so it works the way it used to. My fix is to change the zone to just pick up people’s feet, which I am not sure will alert me as it used to.

1 Like

Put me on that list. I’ve adjusted zones, deleted zones, added zones and it’s still alerting even though I sometimes see no movement on the recording.

1 Like