Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
B
Ring pro 2 and mechanical chime
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
Hi I upgraded my ring pro hardwired doorbell that used a greenbrook dht01a-c. Everthing worked fine via the ring transformer. I upgraded to the new ring pro 2 as it had more features and again its own transformer. But this time when I changed the door bell and the transformer the mechanical chime stopped working. After a few calls with ring technical support they said this chime wasn’t compatible. So I checked the list and got a Byron 765. The app settings are good in that the chrome type is still mechanical and the transformer voltage is 23v. I was told then untold that I needed a power kit so not sure how I can get this mechanical chime to work. Each chime has 4 terminals, with terminal 0 connected to doorbell and terminal 3 connected positive from transformer. Can anyone assist pls? Thanks in advance.

27-08-2023 11:31:10

Responses (1)

T
Hi @Bal_01. Your Ring Pro 2 should have came with the Pro Power Kit V3. This helps regulate the power and allows for chime kit operation. The Pro Power Kit looks like this: ![Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 3.03.04 PM|434x366, 50%](upload://pMIOwAKpqNBdzwn0OBHHLC0il9u.png)

31-08-2023 08:04:25

B
Hi no pro power kit came with the purchase. Ring have told me I need one, then on another call was told I don’t need one. Bottom line is that I have a mechanical door chime that used to work with pro doorbell but now doesn’t work work pro 2 doorbell - even now that I have a compatible mechanical door chime.

31-08-2023 10:09:35

B
any other options? as i have a mechanical chime that no longer works post upgrading my door bell camera...

27-10-2023 01:39:14

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User