Ring not connecting to wifi

I really don’t get why it’s so hard for Ring to get a simple doorbell to work. I have a bunch of ring stuff and tried to connect two new chimes and it always says it cant connect to wifi. I’m just
Going to keep sending this back to Amazon until I get one that works because everything else works and now I have to call technical support? It’s such a waste of money and time and effort. Just make it work. You’ve had 10 years to do this and you still can’t get a chime to work???

Hi @user72086. There are various reasons why a a device may have trouble establishing a connection. If your router is dual-band, try separating the bands or creating a guest network using only the 2.4GHz network. Most Ring devices are only compatible with 2.4GHz networks. I’d also recommend reviewing the troubleshooting steps here that address common failures during the setup process. Lastly, ensure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your network.

If you’ve tried all of the troubleshooting steps above and are still unable to set up your Ring Chimes, please reach out to our support team for further assistance. You can get in touch at one of the numbers available here, or by sending a private message on Facebook @Ring.

I have a gen1 chime and it loss wifi all the time, so f**k enoying

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.