Ring Neighborhood App Removing Posts, Accusing ME of violations?

My family had their morning upended by a prowler on the porch. It was one of a series of recent incidents, coming only a week after someone made threatening comments about our cameras.

I posted a concise observe and report description of the prowling incident today, along with crystal clear footage. I also described the other event above, because it could very well be related, or it might not be, but it illustrates a bigger picture. I didn’t “profile”, I didn’t use “heated” language, I didn’t spin anything in any way that wasn’t adding to the incidents.

Yet I got the usual denials, with the run around blanket excuses. I guarantee if someone posted ME doing the same thing, acting the same way on someone else’s porch, it would’ve stayed.
Posting this to my other Ring neighbors would’ve been an important safety measure for us to come together on. Simple observe and report behavior.

I’ve seen another porch prowler post from last week where they named the guy’s first and last name. How is THAT not against the rules? Changes to category rules doesn’t cover it. Someone’s post of a car driving by their house and claiming they sat there (off camera) was posted. How vague is that?

“Unexpected/Uknown person snooping around my porch” and then the thing about someone, possibly the same guy (off camera) 6 days before shouting up at the house “oooo! Good luck with your cameras! hahaha”. So now an App moderator is judge and jury about what is a threat or concern to my family and neighbors? We are supposed to observe and report. You’re the ones profiling.

My post contained nothing that fell under this umbrella:

• Thank you for submitting your post

Your post was reviewed by a member of our team and it was not approved because certain details in your post were identified as inappropriate or unnecessary. This can include, but is not limited to:

• Personal attacks, insults, or other offensive language
• Encouraging violence or normalizing potentially
dangerous behavior
• Personal opinions including political views
• Content that may be too graphic for your community

Posts removed for these reasons can be resubmitted without the offending media or descriptions. When writing a post, please stick to the necessary facts, avoid distracting language, and don’t make assumptions.

Neighbors is a free service for all residents to stay informed and share local safety updates. We reserve the right to remove any content that we determine violates our [Community Guidelines]

Hi @user345. The Ring Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, and we don’t control the moderation of the Ring Neighbors App. In cases where one of your posts are removed and you believe that it fit within the guidelines, please reply to the email you received for more information. Replying to the email will get you in touch with the appropriate team that can give you more information and help you with your post to ensure it fits within the Neighbors App guidelines. :slight_smile: