Ring motion sensors not triggering routines

Still not working here in SoCal

Works now here on west coast

Works here in the west coast now as well. It looks like they implemented a fix and monitoring it: https://status.ring.com/

Suddenly everything works again. No action taken.

Hey neighbors! Thank you for helping each other out in this thread as we experience some outages with the Ring app and Ring.com. Please note that the issues within the app and the website would have been affecting this feature, but as of Nov 27, 11:44 UTC, a fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results. If you are still experiencing any further issues with your Ring devices and how they were behaving previously, I recommend giving our support team a call so they can look into this further. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

If you’re having issues with your Amazon Alexa devices not responding how they should, but your Ring app and all your devices are behaving how they should, it would be best to reach out to Amazon Alexa for further assistance to check on that device. For Amazon Alexa support, you can look for further assistance and help on the Amazon side here.

All good here in the UK since around 5pm (a few hours ago).

Feedback for Ring - the status updates for this incident were very poor to non existent. Letting us know the API integrations were still down would have really helped here. Folks had no idea the Alexa routines were broken because of this and tried lots of pointless troubleshooting etc in vain.

2 Likes

Some of mine is working but some aren’t. I utilized the sensor for outdoor lights for two of my automations and they are not working.

Still not working on the east coast. I’ve got several new sensors I can’t get to work so hoping it resolves soon

Not working here either. East coast USA. Installed ring a couple of weeks back and have not been able to get alexa routines to work. Figured it was not supported.

Got my system yesterday and everything was fine with routines but this morning none of them work. They work when I play the routine through the Alexa app but not when I open a door for example.

Anyone else still having this issue?

On the phone to support now but not hopeful.

Still having the same issue. Motion sensor will not trigger my lights on routine. What is the solution here Ring?

1 Like

Same here. Ring alarm gen 2 only arrived this week and I was excited to create some routines but the door sensors aren’t triggering anything. I get the notifications on the Ring app, so I know they’re working, but no routines.

Any news on a fix? Are all the posters from November still having issues as well?

Hey neighbors. I wanted to share this Community Post here about creating Alexa routines. I has some great information that might help!

1 Like

Nothing Ring Alarm related triggers Alexa routines now

Motion Sensors, Door Sensors or Alarm state changes, nothing triggers an Alexa routine anymore.

I used to have lights that turned on/off when doors opened/closed, nope not working anymore.

I used to have everything turn off when the Alarm was set to away mode, nope not working anymore.

The routine activates if I test it and the Alexa app even know if a door is open or closed etc, but no routines can be triggered.

Same problem here. Alexa can see my Ring motion sensor in its linked devices list, but I can’t get any routine to be triggered when motion is detected.

This seems to be 1) a common and obvious use case and 2) something people have been reporting for months.

C’mon Ring, get your act together!

Hey @BB23! Try disabling the Ring skill and announcement in your Alexa app, then re-enable them. Please also check the wifi connection of all related devices (Ring/Alexa). Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi all has this issue fault happened again
I can manually run my routines which should be triggered by the ring motion sensor
And via Alaxa I can see the sensor picking up the motion but it does not trigger the routine.
It was all working fine untill 11th January then just stopped triggering the routines ?

Hi - Same issue here, everything just suddenly stopped working. Any updates?

Is this still an ongoing problem as my routines have never worked

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.