Ring-Intercom

Browse posts, check compatibility, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Intercom.
B
Ring Intercom for Airbnb guests

I’d like to share access to Ring Intercom for my Airbnb guests.

However they can’t access the device without downloading the “Ring App”. Is there a way to use access via web browser or similar?

The guest are usually travelling and don’t have 300 MB Quota on their Internet in Germany. This makes it difficult to install an app to open a door.

Thanks!

09-02-2024 12:35:21

Responses (2)

A

same issue here! It would be great if Ring could allow access to guests with a simplified procedure based on a web link and quick authentication. The app is heavy to download and configure (authentication process dual factor, email, etc.) I manage more than 50 Villa and I was thinking to install one Ring Intercom each but I need a smarter and lighter way for managing guests access. Please help! Thanks in advance, Aldo

09-02-2024 04:34:36

B

Hi @Aldo_August, have you found any alternative solution?

30-03-2024 09:30:44

P

Hi @blaucuk and @Aldo_August, Welcome to the Ring Community!!!

You can share the access for the Ring Intercom with your guest, however they will still need to download the Ring App and adding an email to get the permission and access. I can share steps how to send the request if you need for the future:

1. Log in to your account at Ring.com.
  • If you’re on desktop: tap the Dashboard home icon at the top.
  1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap Shared Access.
  3. Tap the plus (+) icon under Users.
  4. Enter the email address of the person you want to add as a Shared User.
  5. Select the device(s) you wish to share.
  6. Tap Send Invite to share access.

You can have a look for more insight about shared user to the following Help Centre article: https://support.help.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/211018223-Adding-a-Shared-User-to-your-Ring-account

Hope this helps.

14-02-2024 10:57:50

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User