Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
K
Ring Intercom - AI Voice Verification and Auto Unlocking
app-settings
intercom
app-request
Hi Ring Community, I've recently purchased and installed Ring Intercom for my flat, and I'm really impressed with it so far. It's a great way to improve security and convenience for my building. One idea that I've had is to use Ring Intercom to act as an "automated first-line/receptionist" and verify a user based on their voice and an audio passcode. This would be similar to how you might authenticate yourself when calling your bank over the phone. Here's how it would work: 1. Someone rings the intercom and Ring asks them who they are and to use their passcode. The system then records a short audio clip of the person speaking. 2. The audio clip is sent to an AI voice recognition service. 3. The AI voice recognition service uses its trained model to identify the person speaking. 4. If the person is identified, the system can then take the appropriate action, such as unlocking the door or sending a notification to the occupier for intervention. There are a couple of potential issues with this system: * AI voice recognition is not always accurate, so it's possible that the system could misidentify someone. * The system could be fooled by someone who is trying to impersonate another person. However, there are a number of things that can be done to mitigate these risks: * Use a high-quality AI voice recognition service. * As mentioned: use a pass phrase in addition to AI voice recognition. This will make it more difficult for someone to impersonate another person. * Review the system's logs regularly to identify any suspicious activity. Overall, I believe that a system to automatically determine who is at the intercom using AI voice recognition has the potential to improve security and convenience. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this idea, and whether you think it's feasible at this stage. :slight_smile:

10-10-2023 08:25:14

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User