Ring integration with Alexa

One feature I’d love to see is for Ring software to be modified to allow Alexa users to give voice commands to have Alexa set their systems to “Disarmed,” “Home” or “Away.” This seems a logical, inevitable next step in home automation.

Hi @MorrisLarry. This feature is available for neighbors who have integrated their Ring Alarm system with the Alexa App, but it is currently not an option to change the modes for Doorbells and Cameras. You can read more about Ring Alarm and Alexa here. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests to our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Thanks. I simply couldn’t FIND any suggestion location, thus the post. I’ll keep the link just in case I need it again; but I don’t have ideas very often!

Thanks for suggesting this app. Is it kosher to give this app all your log in info for Alexa and Ring? With all the hacking and breaches going on, I am hesitant to use it. Wish there was another alternative. Hopefully Alexa and Ring adds more capabilities and abilities soon.

Hi @Stevien! As described in our integration help center article, enabling the Alexa and Ring integration will include a step for logging in. At Ring, we value your security and your privacy, and can assure you this method is secure, as are both applications. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: