Ring increases Basic Subscription fee to £49.99 per device

I agree with all of those complaining about the price increase. I bought a Ring doorbell in 2021 and the subscription price will be double from when I started. I have recommended Ring on “Nexdoor” for neighbours who have encountered problems, but I shall now warn them and tell them to avoid Ring because the price is way too high for a basic service. I am not interested in “enhancements”. I strongly suggest that Ring regains the trust of its customers by either cancelling the increase or offering a basic service without the enhancements for a reduced amount.

21 Likes

Mark it if you like Tom but it is not a ‘solution’. The solution is not push mandatory rip off price increases on your cutomers.

27 Likes

What a rip off!
My Ring doorbell is going in the bin!

20 Likes

If you cancel, does it cancel immediately or when the plan expires

6 Likes

The thing is that there are plenty of decent doorbell with onboard storage for around £100 or less, Some people buy Ring initially as it is subsidized , so cheaper and the cloud storage was at a reasonable cost originally at £24.99 so having to pay that for 3-4 years lets say , if that is the life span of the product , is not too bad , Under £200 in all , then upgrade. when they increased to £34.99 was bad enough but most accepted it but this is just taking P***

13 Likes

Just spoke with Ring regarding the ridiculous and unjustified increase to £49.99 on the basic protect package and at first the representative said it was to cover ‘enhancements’ but when pressed he confirmed that there would be none for the basic package, so it is clearly just a money grabbing opportunity, so I won’t be renewing in Jan 25 when my current subscription comes to an end.

There’ll be a lot of Ring doorbells on FB Marketplace in the next few week I’m sure!

29 Likes

end of your paying cycle , if youve already paid , when you get to it in your app it will give you that option

9 Likes

Have just cancelled my ring subscription. 40% price hike, for what??

18 Likes

This increase is absolutely disgraceful. Ring yourself should be absolutely ashamed. Given the fact what is going on around the world and people can’t afford things I think you’re absolutely disgusting. I will be cancelling my plan like so many others so instead of you trying to be greedy you’ll be the one to losing out ring,

10 Likes

Absolutely shocking increase again from Ring, looking forward to cancelling my contract and purchasing a new doorbell from any company that doesn’t believe in ripping off a loyal customer base. Happy to pay a fair increase, this most certainly not it!
RING, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! Hope company value hits rock bottom as everyone leaves.

13 Likes

An increase of 42.8694%!
How is this justified? I think I’m going to ditch the ring and go elsewhere. That is a joke!

13 Likes

Even if there were any enhancements, £30 is reasonable and fair £35 is bearable at a push , but this £50 is just completely over the top

14 Likes

Yes, exactly. When I got my camera in May 2022 I factored in the £2.50 a month, now 2 years on it will be double that.

I assume in Spring 2025 we can look forward to is going up to £7.50 a month.

Time to find a different solution!

14 Likes

You greed, greedy people, you are about to find out what happens when you take the pi**. I will be joining the rest of your subscribers and cancelling.

How dare you put such a huge price increase on the basic package and give nothing back?

13 Likes

This increase goes beyond anything that can be justified, from £24.99 to £34.99 was bad enough however this additional increase of £15 to £49.99 is totally unacceptable. I shall not be renewing when my subscription ends it certainly isn’t for me funding an exploitative revenue stream.

10 Likes

There is a cost of living crisis and Ring think its acceptable to hike prices up to £49.99 a year.
What are they offering to us for even the original cost.

11 Likes

Tom , all you are doing is just patronising Ring customers , whilst your managers are having a laugh, for getting you to write daft comments.

13 Likes

I’m cancelling my subscription, this is a rip off. Disgusting

12 Likes

I just renewed mine fortunately… but am shocked by this… so many people are struggling and ‘any’ increase is another pressure… but 40 odd percent is shocking…

I’ll be looking elsewhere too, next year…

What is 40% o top of £49? . so getting on for £70 next year with increase… Nah!

10 Likes

Without access to the videos the Ring doorbell is just a massively expensive doorbell. A 42.87% increase cannot possibly be justified by supply costs, etc. This is sheer corporate greed.
What are these enhancements that you say give more value to your neighbours? Unless your neighbours are the chief executives and shareholders in the company?
I have been told about the increase but nothing about any enhancements!

9 Likes