Ring in 2 locations

I have a ring indoor cam at home.
My mother in law died recently and until the house is cleared and sold i have just bought a video doorbell and stick up cam for her house (which will come back to my house eventually).
Do i have to create a new address for my account and can i view both her house and mine on the same app.
Also when i transfer the cams back to mine do i have to go through the whole set up process again?

Hi @billgreen. My condolences for your loss. Yes, you can create a new Location in the Ring app. During the setup process for the Doorbell and Stick Up Cam, it will ask you to enter the address that they are installed at. That is where you’ll enter in the address for your mother in law’s home, which will create a second Location that you can toggle to from the Ring app. Please keep in mind that if you have a Ring Protect plan, it won’t extend to a second Location. However, you will receive a free trial after setting up the Doorbell and Camera.

Once you’re ready to take the devices back to your home, you can change which Location they’re associated with under Device Settings > General Settings > Location. Then you’ll want to follow the steps to reconnect them to wifi so you can get them connected to your network. If you run into any issues during that process, you can also attempt a new set up using the steps under Set Up a Device. I hope this helps answer your questions.

Thank you, that’s very helpful.
Another question, if I may.
I am going to set it all up at the Mother in laws at the weekend, and will set up a Ring Protect Plan there (I don’t currently have one at home).
What is the process, once I have moved everything back to my home, of continuing the plan but at my home address?

Thank you

Hi @billgreen. I’m happy to chime in. The best step to take for your Ring Protect Plan when the Doorbell and Camera are back at your home is to contact our support team for assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.