General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
L
User Solution
Closed
Ring History Storage Time?
cs-support
ring-protect-plans

Good Morning.

I live In the UK and I have a question please. Basically, last October In 2023 I purchased a Ring Spycam to video wildlife In my back garden. I have also subscribed to the required (protect basic) yearly subscription so that I can keep my stored videos rather than having them deleted after the trial period. But I’ve just realised that all my stored (event history) videos have now disappeared from the Ring app on my phone.

So my question Is please, how long does a stored video stay saved for in the (event history folder?) And Is there a simple way of extending that video storage period without paying any more money?

Cheers guys :thinking:

02-02-2024 10:00:10

Responses (3)

C
User Solution

Hi @luckymjr. Videos are not stored indefinitely. The default video storage time is 30 days, but you can adjust it up to 180 days. We have steps on how to change the video storage time here. If there are any videos you wish to keep past the video storage time, you’ll want to download them on either your phone or computer. Once a video has been deleted, it cannot be recovered. I hope this helps.

02-02-2024 03:42:02

L

Thanks for the reply and links :+1:

02-02-2024 05:28:20

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

03-03-2024 05:29:00

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User