Ring floodlight motion

I just installed my new floodlight camera. Do the lights only work when I turn them on or off? I was hoping they would come on automatically when it detects motion.

Not sure which camera you have but on the Ring Floodlight Cam [xxx] Plus you can have motion activate the light by doing the following settings:

Go to camera and choose setting cog wheel in right corner:

• Under settings screen chose the “Device Settings” icon.
  • Then choose “Light Settings”
  • Then touch the slider to the On position for “Motion Activated Lights”

This will cause motion to make the lights turn on (only at night).

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Similar issue that I’d love any insights. New Hardwired Ring Floodlight in front of house won’t turn on the light with motion at night. Otherwise works fine. Already had a Floodlight in the back which works fine incl triggering the light at night. I note the old light as new front floodlight has exact same settings (motion activated lights toggle on, motion zones for light on, so don’t think that its the settings). The new Floodlight is picking up motion as it videos (incl at night) with motion - though I understand the video trigger might be leveraging a different sensor than what triggers the light?. More odd is while troubleshooting I “linked” in the app the two lights (front and back) and when motion is detected on the New Floodlight in front the Old Floodlight will turn on . So this seems to show the new Floodlight can see motion AND trigger a light, just not its own light??? The new floodlight can be turned on manually in the app so lgiht works. Have tried rebooting in app and hard reset. Weird! Any ideas?

Hi @Igarashi. You will need to make sure that the Motion-Activated Lights toggle is on under Device Settings > Light Settings. Then tap the Motion Zones for Lights option and ensure the zones aren’t turned off. Lastly, tap Light Sensitivity and verify that the sensitivity isn’t turned all the way down.

if you have verified all of the settings above, and the light still doesn’t come on when motion is detected at night, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. You can also send a private message on Facebook @Ring to get in touch.