Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus; light goes out when Wifi disconnects. Why? Home security risk

I had a 5 hour internet outage in the middle of the night. The power was still on, but all my Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus lights, which are programmed to stay on all night, went out. This means that my property which should have been lit up for security lighting was all dark. I understand that there is no connected motion monitoring without Wifi, but if the lights were on when the Wifi disconnects, I want them to STAY ON. Why did the lights turn off when the Wifi went down? The power was on.

Hi @RingCarls. The Floodlight Cam Wired cannot communicate with the Ring app when the wifi is down, which is why the lights turned off during this internet outage as the Cam stopped receiving the command for the light to be on. I’ll leave your post here in our Feature Request board as a request for more options and settings regarding the lights in the instance of potential power or wifi outages. We appreciate your feedback! :slight_smile: