Ring doorbells -tone changes

I have suggested this before to an agent not sure of it ever made it’s way to the appropriate channels.

The ability to change the actual doorbell tone like you can in the chimes?

12 Likes

This has been requested in so many

forums. It seems like a basic feature to change the sound the doorbell itself makes when you press it. The default ring sound is not pleasant. Please enable this feature!

5 Likes

Agree. This needs to be a feature. Seems simple enough. Ability to change the doorbell outside when it is pressed.

4 Likes

Agreed With The Above Comments,Should Also Have An Alarm Activation

1 Like

Just tried to do this for Xmas. Seems it would be intuitive and straightforward. My friends do this in their Nest!! Disappointed to learn it’s not even a feature.

2 Likes

Another up-vote here. I just started looking for this feature, after owning the Pro for 2 years only, because my neighbor’s Nest doorbell played a Holiday themed chime/sound. This seems so basic that we should able to change the sound even if it’s to a preset list of sounds versus something custom like a holiday sound.

Please add this so we can have basic feature parity with the Nest doorbell.

5 Likes

Also disappointed when I realized this is not supported. Would be great to have this!

1 Like

Please can you implement the ability to change the Ring Video Doorbell tone, preferably to match the options supported in the app, and on the Chime devices.

A lot of customers clearly don’t like the default sound, and (based on conversations I have with friends and colleagues), it is a key reason why people choose the Nest doorbell over the Ring doorbell.

I have been working in product management for around 10 years, so I’m well aware of the lead times to implement new features in software, apps, firmware and hardware, but I have to say, I’m very surprised that a key feature like this was missed in the first place. I’m even more surprised that despite the numerous customer complaints on your site (from over a year ago) that this feature is still not available. Is there some issue with the hardware preventing this feature from being developed/released?

Agreed, I would have chosen Nest if only they had an effective chime system. I suspect Ring only have this forum to give the illusion that customer feedback matters.

I’ve given plenty of direct feedback via customer service (e.g. ability to soft-reboot devices to fix connection problems, etc) many months ago and - sadly - Ring have yet to implement these or share a roadmap that proves their products will match or exceed competitors.

+1.
I was a bit floored to find that, with all the useless features being added all the time, this very basic one, widely desired by your community, is still a no-show years after the first requests

3 Likes

The ‘ring chime’ is just awful and I’d say lots of the general population feel the same way (they just haven’t seen this board)… As I said on another board, the Ring chime does more harm to your brand than good.

Rather than just muting I want a nice ‘doorbell’ noise. Not too much to ask is it. It is after all a doorbell…

This ring chime is worse than Crazy Frog, so please let us have the choice.

1 Like

I really want this to happen.
Google nest doorbells offer this and it would be great to greet visitors with a custom tone based off the time of the year

1 Like

They’ve lost to Google on this one. It appears the only way to change the chime is if you have the separate physical Ring chime inside - pointless for visitors.

The smart reply feature has a few Halloween options but unnecessary dialogue. We just wanted to select one of the Halloween sounds.

And of course not to mention the default chime is awful anyway.

Enough waiting, Ring. Implement the feature requested in 2019, and dozens of times since, where we can change the outside ring tone of the Doorbell Pro to match the tones inside on the Chimes.

Seriously.

1 Like

Would love to be able to change the tone from the weird, non-doorbell-like default.

At least it can be turned off or low volume but be great to customise.

My guess is they’ve hard-wired it in the units.

@SamUnders I think the title needs changing to something like. “Ability to change the outside bell chime” This is why it isn’t being found and not getting the appropriate response from users and the product teams it deserves.

1 Like

I recently changed our indoor chime to the Halloween one, but there is no option to change the sound on the outside bell.
My kids (and me!) were beyond disappointed, as some of our neighbours had amazing spooky bells and ours was only spooky inside, where only we can hear it. I keep seeing this as a topic on forums, so I know I’m not alone, but this needs to be requested as a feature. Please let us have festive sounds on the outside too, so we can also have an amazing bell!

1 Like

I find it very difficult to understand why the ability to change the outside door bell chime by RING has not been addressed.
Is there a reason why this hasn’t been addressed? It would be good to know why.

1 Like

At this time, the default chime tone played through the Video Doorbell speaker upon a button ring cannot be changed.

Please give us the option to change it.

:slight_smile:

Would really like to change outside chime sound please.