Ring doorbell will only ring once

I don’t advise any one to buy ring due to this issue. They failed big time. Why would they restrict multiple push ring. I am going to stand there and wait for 30 seconds for it to do another ring. Very annoying. It is programming 101. Don’t break existing feature to add more feature. They try to make it fancy but they break the basic concept of ring!!!

1 Like

Is no one from ring product team watching out for these complain threads???
There is a basic feature missing that makes the product useless … today my little daughter came from school, rang the doorbell once pressing lots of times more. As I sit in a teams call I did not hear it.
Then I got a phone call from neighbors if I may let my little one in.

Ring, are you serious???

Pls fix immediately this major system failure!!!

1 Like

Just installed my Doorbell Pro 2, straight away noticed this “Critical bug”, seriously thinking to return it!! Come on, listen to your customer, nothing to lose to add an option for continuous door alert when you press it.
If you can’t implement due to the default hardware restriction, let your customer know about it before they made their purchase decision, it’s misleading to sell it as a “doorbell”

This is a necessary feature and think should be added to product to make it useful …

1 Like

this is a bug in your product, saying it should be fixed via feature request is not a “solution”

1 Like

everyone here please click the vote button on these:
https://community.ring.com/t/chime-device-to-ring-more-than-once-if-ring-doorbell-pressed-again/60226

1 Like

hi 2022 feb i have the same problem . Ring doorbell will only ring once plus the motion setting . doesnt work either . just the blue screen to the areas you want cover , doesnt make any different plus the motions doesnt work at dark .it seem you pass the buck . i need this sorted please .its your product please sort and sort out the app for huawei phone as well thank you . please dont come back with the post below . thank you

1 Like

indeed. i just had mine installed, and thought it wasn’t working. google search brought me here. Ring is NOT LISTENING. If you want to lead a lawsuit, you’ll have a TON of companions!! Or they could just do a software fix- as others have noted, ideally with options- once every second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds

1 Like

good article here -The Ring Doorbell Can Only Ring ONCE (Why?!) - Smart Home Point

I couldn’t believe it when I saw that an expensive doorbell doesn’t do what ALL doorbells have to do… pressed the button, ring.
That’s why we all have a doorbell.
I thought it would be my mistake, I researched and stopped here… I can’t believe it, apparently it’s just like that, only Ring every 60 seconds.
And now I can’t return it, the 30 days have passed, I was waiting for the weather to be good to put it on.
I’ve had family members knocking on the gate because I didn’t hear the bell and they knew I was home.
I feel like breaking this with a hammer…
The camera function is interesting, but MUCH MUCH more useful is to do the basics… press the button as many times as you want and ring the bell.
I’m going back to the old bell.

The worst thing is that the product does not warn buyers that it only plays every 60 seconds, they are deceiving people.
The BASIC function of a doorbell is to ring whenever the button is pressed… it’s basic

It’s June 2022 and Ring doorbells are still broken. I’ll be returning the doorbell, power supply, and the three chimes.

Just bought a new Ring doorbell with chime. To my surprise…yes, it only rings once…they always get you on something. Why do I want a doorbell that only rings once??? Please fix this.

1 Like

Wish I had known about this issue before purchasing this item. It’s ridiculous that a doorbell rings only once, then forces the user to wait 30 seconds without telling anyone that this is the case. Just installed mine today but will be returning it tomorrow.

This is really sad.
Seems the more related feature request entry has been removed for whatever reason too.

It seems you can extend or shorten the reaction time by choosing a longer or shorter recording time.
I personally would like to be able to set the recodirng up for 5 seconds. or 10 seconds.

According to my app, the minimum time I can record is 50 seconds. Why?

Hey neighbors. If you wish to vote for this feature, you can find this Feature Request here. This will allow you to share interest you interest in one place. Thanks, neighbors.

Insane. I cannot believe that a high tech doorbell can’t even function like a basic doorbell. ALLOW MORE THAT ONE RING PLEASE, THIS IS ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

Ludicrous this is standard behaviour, move it to the top of the backlog post haste.

Since ring is only sending what has to be bots or employees who do not read(@Tom_Ring , @Marley_Ring), has anyone found a better option/brand of smart doorbell that performs this very basic function?

I cannot believe after so many request this stupid device only rings my doorbell once. I got mine today and am so upset. I need to return it.