Ring doorbell stuck on setup

I just recently bought a Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) and I am trying to set it up. I have attempted multiple times without any luck. It gets stuck on the “Connecting to your Ring Doorbell” screen, after connecting my phone to the temporary Ring network. I have left it wthout interruptions for at least 45 minutes right next to my router just to be safe. The white light just keeps on spinning. And spinning.

I am following the setup steps, but it keeps getting stuck.

Is there anything I can do?

2 Likes

Following - I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

I can only say “Me too”. I’ve been wrestling with this wired video doorbell for a week now and 50+ attempts.

I connect to the temporary network and the doorbell says “Connected”, but the phone app doesn’t go any further… Every time it just hangs on “Connecting to your Ring Doorbell”.

Any assistance for us all greatly appreciated. I’m using Eero (You would think it would be fine), and I have 10+ other devices that connected perfectly. Nearest router is 1.5M away! I’ve tried turning off 5GHz and many other options but nothing works.

Hi neighbors. If you are not able to complete the setup for your Doorbell using the Ring app on your phone, try the following steps:

• If your Doobell has a battery, verify that it has been fully charged.

• Press and hold the setup button for 20-25 seconds to factory reset your Doorbell.

• Reboot your phone and disable Bluetooth.

• Disable any active VPNs on your phone.

• Try doing your setup on a different phone or tablet using the same account you created on the original phone you tried your setup on.

We also have this Help Center article with other steps to try when your setup is failing in the Ring app. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hey, everyone. I finally had success after struggling with my Ring app getting stuck on the connecting screen. I tried all the suggested steps with no luck. I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I had a wired Ring doorbell — so definitely not a battery issue.

I followed most of the steps on the application, but when it offered to join the temporary Ring network automatically, I cancelled instead of joined (on this step) and did this manually. It tells you you have to do it manually when you select cancel on this step.

It’s very easy to do manually — you just go to your WiFi network options and manually choose the temporary Ring network from your list of network options.

It immediately finished the installation once I did this by having me select my home WiFi and entering the password for my WiFi.

Hope this helps someone else - J3FF

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! I tried numerous times to set up doorbell. Even had ring support on the phone. They could not help me. Even set it up to send me a new doorbell. When I tried setting up camera I got the same thing which told me there was something up. Doorbell is set up and working!! Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @kseb1028. I’m happy to hear that this is now working for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.