Ring Doorbell Pro live feed not showing via Amazon Device Dashboard on Fire HD Tablet

Hi Ring Community,

This is my first post and I am sure some of you have already heard an amazing feature that Amazon rolled out to specific Fire Tablets on 27th Oct 2020 and it is called ‘Device Dashboard’ which, after some updates, appears as an additional button, alongside the ‘back’, ‘home’ and ‘task manager’.

The first time I clicked on it, I thought to myself, wow! Was this another smart home dashboard normally found on Echo Show Devices but this is even better! I really like this device dashboard and it certainly can turn my new Fire HD 8 (2020) Tablet into one smart home control centre which is a plus thing to have. I could mount the whole tablet on a wall and simply use it to control all my smart devices in the house. The device dashboard is very easy to use and is linked to my Alexa accounts. Whatever smart devices I have already linked in to Alexa are shown on this dashboard as tiles (similar to ActionTiles) showing all my 7 smart cameras (both Ring and Neos Smartcams). I just click on whatever I want to see and within about 5-8 seconds, I see a live feed of the camera. In the house, I have a Ring Doorbell Pro, a Ring Elite Stick-Up Cam, 5 Neos Smartcams, Hive Active Heating and Yale Sync Smart Home Alarm IA-320 System as well. On the device dashboard, I can also see my Hive Thermostat showing my current temperature but unfortunately, I cannot see Yale so I cannot control my house alarm from there. I can see this entry in my Alexa App. It would be nice to be able to control my Yale home alarm system on this device dashboard too!

Now, enough said. I have encountered one major problem when using the device dashboard on both of my Fire 7 (2019) and Fire HD 8 (2020), when I click on any ‘camera’ tiles, all working fine except the Ring Doorbell Pro. Instead of showing live feed, it announces, ‘I did not find the device named camera’. I just don’t understand. On the ‘Ring - Always Home’ App, I named this Ring Doorbell Pro as ‘Doorbell’ and on Alexa App, it is also named the same thing and the live feeds do work on both of my Echo Show 5 and 10 (2nd Gen) without any issue by saying ‘Alexa, show me doorbell’. Other Ring Stick-up Cam I have in the house works ok on the device dashboard so I don’t see why Ring Doorbell Pro is the only one not working on the device dashboard at all.

Is there something I haven’t done? Please advise. Has any of you experienced this issue?

Regards,

Simon

Hi @lightrays-Simon. Have you tried unlearning and relearning the Ring skill in the Alexa App? If not, I’d recommend giving this a try to fix the integration. If that doesn’t do the trick for you, you may find some useful tips in our Help Center here, where you can find all of the articles we have over the Ring and Alexa integration. Now if you’re unable to resolve this concern after looking over those resources, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look at this concern for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

As it is, my Ring Doorbell Pro works on both of my Echo Show Devices without any issue by saying ‘Alexa, show me doorbell’. My other Ring Elite stick-up cam works on all Echo Show Devices as well as the Device Dashboard on both Fire tablets. So the issue is the way the program detects the Ring doorbell pro as ‘camera’ and not ‘doorbell’ that’s the issue.

I have tried deleting Ring Doorbell Pro within Alexa site and then re-discovering it and trying it again on the device dashboard but to no avail.

As you suggested, I disabled the Ring Skill and removed all my smart devices (2 Rings Devices, 5 Neos Smartcams, 1 Yale Smart Home, 1 Hive Thermostat). Re-enabled Ring Skill and logged onto my Alexa Account then onto my Ring Account and did the 2 factor authentication thing and finally the Ring Skill was enabled. And then finally, I rediscovered all devices and within 20 seonds, it found them all without any issue.

Now, everything works fine on both of my Echo Show Devices (5 & 10 Gen 2) but only Neos Smartcams and Hive still work on the device dashboard whereas both Ring devices (Ring Doorbell Pro and Ring Stick-up Elite Cam) are no longer working on the device dashboard anymore so I have made it worse than before lol. Before it was just a Ring Doorbell Pro now showing live feed on the device dashboard, and now, my other Ring Elite cam is not showing anything either.

It’s simply saying ‘Mmm, the camera isn’t responding’ when calling out for ‘doorbell’ and ‘living room’, but they are working on both of my Echo Show devices, can you now explain why? Isn’t the Ring Skill properly compatble with the Device Dashboard (linked to my Alexa account) on both of my Fire tablets? It would be interesting to see if anyone in the UK Ring Community is able to overcome this issue.

Any takers?

It seems that no matter what I try, both Ring (Doorbell Pro + Elite Stick Up Cam) devices in my house are not showing live feeds on this new feature ‘Device Dashboard’ on my Fire HD 8 (2020). However, all my 5 Neos Smartcams, Hive Active Heating and Yales Smart Sync Home Alarm System all working perfectly fine so I am beginning to think that the Ring devices I have got are not ‘really compatible’ with the new feature on any of the All-New Fire Tablets! Nevertheless, both of these Ring devices are able to show live feeds on my three Echo Shows as well as RIng Always Home App.

Can anyone please confirm?

I Have this same issue, Wyze cams are all fine but Ring will not work. It will however work on Firetv.

Hi there, neighbors. It looks like the Doorbell Pro and Stick Up Cam Elite is being mentioned most often in this thread. Please ensure your Ring devices are setup and connected to your 2.4 ghz home wifi network. While skills, routine, and integration steps are likely being followed properly, connection efficiency is equally important to ensure the integration works as intended.

As @Caitlyn_Ring mentioned, unlearning and relearning the Ring skill in the Alexa App may help. If this concern persists despite trying the steps in this thread, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look at this concern for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.