Ring doorbell Pro 2 lens cover de-laminated?

I’ve had my Ring Doorbell Pro 2 for just over two years and recently noticed that the front glass is beginning to delaminate from the camera. My doorbell faces south; surely, I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. After reaching out to customer service, they informed me they couldn’t help. Is this really the level of quality one should expect after paying a premium price? I’m disappointed and won’t be purchasing from them again. Thank you.

Hi @cylstudio. While Ring devices intended for outdoor installation, such as the Doorbell Pro 2, are weather resistant, exposure to the elements may still cause damage depending on how extreme the weather is. If your device is still under warranty, our support team can assess the damage to determine if a replacement is needed. If your device is no longer under warranty, they will not have this option unfortunately.

Hi Caitlyn, thanks for your reply. I’m writing to express my disappointment with my Ring Doorbell Pro 2. It’s only two years and 2 months old and already struggling to cope with what can only be described as very ordinary UK weather, not EXTREME weather. If it can’t handle a bit of sunlight and temperatures that barely scrape -2°C in winter and 30°C in summer, then Ring production team might need to add a little sun cream and warm socks with it to help it out!

I expected this doorbell, marketed for outdoor use, to last much longer under such mild conditions. I understand my warranty has expired, but I’m hoping you can offer a replacement or another solution.

Looking forward to a solution that doesn’t sound as ridiculous as the product!
Thanks

I have a similar issue and been told the exact same thing. Its 2 years old and the lens cover plate is so severally cracked the image it makes is blurred. Support told me id have to buy a new one. If after only 2 years of service its no good then i wont be buying another one.