Ring doorbell only occasionally recording

My ring doorbell is not notifying me of any motion and is only occasionally recording. I am able to get live view. I’ve checked settings and all seems to be set correctly. (Zones, record length) Also have a ring motion light and it is working just fine

Hi @JRick930. If your Doorbell is missing motions, you will also want to look into the following settings:

• Motion Sensitivity: Increase it to max since yours is missing motions.

• Smart Alerts: Enable this feature and turn on “Person” for both recordings and notifications.

• If your Doorbell has a battery but is hardwired, you will have the option of selecting a Motion Frequency. Switch this option to “Frequent.”

We also have this Community page on other steps you can try to optimize your motion detection. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.