Ring Doorbell not ringing

Hello,

Bought a Ring Door View Cam a few weeks ago and absolutely love it, although over the past few days we’ve had a few issues where pressing of the doorbell isn’t registering.

The sound will play on the doorbell itself and the light will spin, however there’s no notification in the app, the chime (2nd gen) does not ring, and there’s no record of the bell being pressed in the event history, so it’s as if it was never pressed from our point of view.

Motion detection appears to be working and triggers a notification as expected, and we can see people pressing the doorbell in the motion recording and waiting, but as far as the app is concerned, the doorbell wasn’t pressed.

Device Health Check shows a good bill of health (no issues). Battery is on 74%, RSSI is currently -54, and firmware is up to date.

Worried that if issue continues, we’re going to miss visitors/deliveries and will have to remove the doorbell, which would be disappointing.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

I’m having the same issue. Started a couple of days ago. Seems to record but not ring the chime when the button is pressed. Have the blue spinning wheel of death wizzing round but no internal sound. Notifications to our iPhones are also delayed. If I open the front door from inside and press the button it rings?

all WiFi and batteries and firmware are good.

Hey neighbors! A good first step to troubleshoot a concern like this is to reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Then you’ll want to set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. If that doesn’t resolve your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look at your device for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Greetings,
I am currently super unhappy with my Video doorbell 2. We’ve had it a few months now & we don’t get any ringing notifications on any of our devices.
I have a Samsung A30 mobile & my wife a Samsung Note 8. Additionally we have 2 Amazon fire tablets (2019) which we specifically bought for the purpose to communicate with who is at the front gate.
Facts:
The motion notifications works on all devices but fire tablets don’t work while in power save/sleep mode. Even now, while i’m out of the country I still receive motion notification
The doorbell is hardwired
signal strength is RSSI -54
when you press the doorbell it rings at the device.
both motion & ring notification is activated for all our devices.
The doorbell is physically only 6m away from the closest Velop mesh router node.
We’ve specifically purchased additional velop nodes to ensure strong signal strength. After velop node set up was done, the ring doorbell was reset, but the problem persists.
I’ve uninstalled & reinstalled the app with no difference.
The only reason why we know that someone is at the gate is because i used IFTTT to link my ring account to my Philips hue account & have the lights flash.
Out of all our smart home devices, ring is the most expensive & also the most troublesome.
It is so embarrassing when guests arrive & have to call you to let you know they are standing at your gate for several minutes already because no one has answered the doorbell.

Please help?
thanks

Hi there, @Cocky1! It is certainly odd to hear that your ring events are not notifying, although motion notifications and operation is normal. Starting with the ring alerts toggle in the Ring app is always best, as turning this off then back on might help to save this request with the Doorbell. Please also ensure that a notification tone is select for your alerts, with volume, in the app alerts tones settings for your Video Doorbell, in the Ring app. Of course, even if it was not, the default sound should still notify.

As a test, try removing or unlinking any integrations and disabling any Alexa skills if any are in use. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Exact same problem here. We don’t get that many people at our door being in a rural area. The motion detection works. In the application, the solar charger, the doorbell and the ring chime all show in perfect status. It is just that when the doorbell is pressed, it only chimes outside and no door bell event shows up in the application. So Federal Express just came and went 3 days in a row. I only found out because a neighbor happened to be outside and the dogs started barking. I went to see and they said they rang but no one answered.

Hi @user63033. If you have tried the recommended steps in this thread and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.