Ring doorbell not connecting to app

I randomly lost connection to my Ring Doorbell Pro (wired) four days prior. Yesterday I noticed the device was not lit up and not receiving power. I checked my power breaker to make sure nothing flipped, I turned off the breakers then back on, still had no power to the device. I unplugged the ring from the wiring, after plugging the wiring back in the device was still not receiving power. I then tried my old door bell and it rang. I checked to make sure the wiring in my existing chime did not come lose and there was no issues there. After all these tries I removed the device from my account and it still was not receiving power. Today I noticed a solid white outline around the doorbell indicating it was receiving power. I attempted to setup the ring on the app but was unable to get a spinning white light. After following the prompts on the app of pressing the orange reset button there was still no white light spinning. I then attempted to reset the device holding down the orange reset button for 15-20 seconds. After the device powered back on I still have the solid white outline. At this time if someone pushes the bell on the device my chime in my house will go off but I am unable to connect to the app. I essentially at this point in time have a very expensive doorbell. Any help would be great!

Hi @cmork5. Can you verify the model name of your Ring Doorbell? The specific model name should be located on the back of the device itself, and on the Device Health page. I want to clarify this because different models have different power requirements. You mention having a Ring Doorbell Pro, but an orange setup button is also associated with a different model of doorbell, so I want to be sure of which device we’re working with. :slight_smile: