Ring doorbell not charging when plugged in

My Doorbell two notified me it was down to 6% and needed recharging.

I took off the wall, plugged in the supplied orange USB cable and the top light of the blue ring started flashing. 3 hours later it’s still doing the same, and the battery is still at 6%.

Why is it not charging? (By the way, I am doing this inside, so no cold issues)

Hi @Sergeh. When recharging your Doorbell’s battery, you’ll want to leave it charging for at least 6-8 hours to make sure it receives a full charge. Additionally, please ensure it is plugged into a standard wall outlet, as plugging it into a computer to charge via the USB will charge it at a much slower rate. Once the battery is fully charged and the Doorbell is back in place, press the button to trigger a test event which should update the battery percentage in the Ring App. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile:

I have the exact same problem, been plugged into the wall and still not charging.

I have the same issue. My battery on my Ring Doorbell 2 died completely. I have recharged it and it has reconnected to wifi and the doorbell is working fine, I can use live view etc and motion detection is working. However, it has been on charge for over 2 days and has not gone past 37%. I have read that I need to press the doorbell or allow it to detect motion before the batter level in the app will update. I have done this but it hasn’t changed. The blue charging indicator on the front of the doorbell is also at about a third of the way around, indicating approx. 37%. This is plugged into the mains socket and I have tried a few different sockets too. Any suggestions please?

Hi @dkwrobinson. Try performing a reset on the doorbell and then checking the battery level after you reconnect it to wifi. If it is still reporting inaccurately, I suggest contacting our support team to find the cause for this. You can perform a reset by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.