Ring doorbell no longer works with alexa

Ring2 doorbell that was working for several years, no longer rings the doorbell with Alexa. The most basic of functions. Going on the app store reveals MANY reviews from days ago that says the SAME THING. Someone fix the firmware or contact Amazon and fix this trash.

Already removed the skill from alexa and re-enabled, turned it’s notifications on/off, device was online, only rings on the local speaker, so basically a worthless product when Amazon changes anything.

Hi @user65895. To clarify, are you still receiving notifications via the Ring app when someone rings the Doorbell? Does this event appear in the Event History? If everything is working correctly in the Ring app, then the issue would be isolated with Alexa. In that case, I’d recommend making sure the Alexa app and your Alexa device are fully updated. You might also try resetting your Alexa device, then setting the Ring Skill back up.

1 Like

I have the same issue and just called Ring support and the informed me that Ring is no longer available on Amazon Echo device in the UK. Blocked by Amazon. Clearly want us to buy the inferior Blink front doorbell

I also have the same issue. We have 4 Alexa devices and the doorbell function no longer works on any of them. Our friends also complain their Alexa devices no longer has the doorbell function working as it did before. I have reset and followed all the online advice to no avail. However, Alexa is still able to tell me i might be running out of coffee pods!

Make sure both your Ring app and Alexa app are fully updated to the latest versions available, and check that your phone’s software is up-to-date as well. After that, try disabling and re-enabling the Ring Skill in the Alexa app. We have steps on how to do that here.

Lastly, check through the settings in the Alexa App to ensure you have Doorbell Press and Motion Announcements enabled for each of your Alexa devices. This is necessary if you want your Alexa device to play an audible alert when someone rings your Doorbell. If these issue’s persist, click here to go to Amazon Alexa’s Help Center.