Woke up this morning to find I cant connect to my ring doorbell liveview I have removed the device and tried reconnecting it now all its telling me there is a problem with my internet which is working fine (I have other ring cameras which are working okay)
I have seen other people having other issues as well is there a problem at the moment?
Hello @chris2490 ,
To check the current status of the Ring system to see if “there a problem at the moment”, you can either go to the bottom of this web-page and under “Support” click on “System Status”, or click on this link:
or there are several ways on your mobile Ring App (here’s one):
- Menu (3 horizontal line Icon, upper-left-corner) > Help > Visit our Help Articles Library > scroll to the bottom and select “Support” > “System Status.”
Looking at the Ring System Status under “Past Incidents” section, it does indeed shows there was a problem on Dec 14, 2020 for “Live View is Unable to Connect” and it was resolved at Dec 14 @19:05 UTC. This maybe have introduced a ‘glitch’ in your doorbell.
You’ve already tried some trouble-shooting, and here are a other things you should try:
- If you model Ring Doorbell uses the “Quick Release Battery Pack” (QRBP), briefly remove the QRBP battery and then re-insert the QRBP into the compartment until it firmly clicks.
- If step #1 does not fix your “Live View” issue OR your doorbell does not use the removable QRBP, briefly tap the Reset button on the Doorbell.
- Re-boot/reset your Wi-Fi.
- Log off your cellular mobile’s Ring App, power down your phone, then restart the phone and re-log back onto the Ring App.
- You can un-install off your mobile phone, power down your phone, then restart the phone and re-install the Ring App again. Your settings are stored at the master Ring server (not on your mobile) so you shouldn’t have to re-do all your settings (although some of your Sound Alerts might change back to default tones, like your “App Alert Tones” (for cameras) and “Chirp Alert Tones” (for your Ring Alarm sensors). It shouldn’t take you long to set back to your desired Tone preferences.
- Perform a hard “Factory Reset” on your Ring Doorbell by holding down the Reset button for more than 20-seconds. This will wipe out any potentially corrupted downloaded firmware that might be stored in your doorbell. The doorbell will then automatically then start the set up procedures again and it will then download the updated firmware.
If your “Live-View” issue is still not resolved, and since it was working fine before Dec 14, you then should contact Ring Support for additional help, at:
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours/procedures have been changed also:
I hope you find this information helpful.